The England Coast Path is a new walking route that will follow the entire coast of England. It’s going to be the longest waymarked coast path in the world. It will be around 2,795 miles in length when it is complete. The England Coast Path is opening gradually in sections, some are already open and others will be open in the next few years. The England Coast Path is scheduled to be fully open in 2020.
We are working alongside our partners, the National Trails and Ordnance Survey to produce mapping for the open sections. The two new England Coast Path maps will be printed on water-resistant paper, clearly highlighting the route on Ordnance Survey mapping.
To celebrate the release of our two latest England Coast Path maps, (Camber to Folkestone and Folkestone to Ramsgate) we’re going to be walking this brand new section of National Trail between Camber and Ramsgate.
Two teams starting at opposite ends of the new England Coast Path will meet somewhere in the middle. Camber to Folkestone is 29 miles and Ramsgate to Folkestone is 36.5 miles, how do you think our teams will do?
Alongside this team challenge, we are also running a competition giving you the chance to win a voucher and copies of our new England Coast Path map!
We are giving you the chance to win £20 worth of Amazon vouchers and both of our new England Coast Path Maps. All you need to do is simply guess where our two trailblazing teams will meet. One team will start at Ramsgate and the other at Camber, all you need to do is tell us where the A-Z teams will find each other. We are hoping it will be somewhere near Folkestone.
Look at the map below and guess which grid square the two teams will meet in. Either comment below with the grid letter or head over to our Twitter or Facebook to enter. The competition ends Monday 31st July 2017 at 12pm. We will announce the winner shortly after.
Little hint: Camber to Folkestone is 29 miles and Ramsgate to Folkestone is 36.5 miles and a little bit hilly.
Good luck everyone!
The two teams were walking for around 15 hours and ended up in meeting grid square D. Both teams did a great job!
Competition terms and conditions:
- This competition runs from Monday 24th July to 9am on 31st July 2017.
- How to enter:
- Comment on this blog post with an answer. Answers should range from A – F.
- Enter via Facebook or Twitter or Instagram
- Only one entry will be accepted per person.
- Winner(s) will be chosen and announced by A-Z staff on Monday 31st July 2017. Their decision is final.
- The winner(s) will receive a copy of Camber to Folkestone England Coast Path Map, Ramsgate to Folkestone England Coast Path Map & a £20 Amazon voucher.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win a prize.
- This competition is open to UK residents over the age of 18 only.
- The name(s) of the winner(s) will be published on our Facebook page or Twitter feed and this blog page after being chosen. If you are chosen as a winner, you’ll need to Direct Message us (using Facebook or Twitter) or email us your postal address to claim your prize.