National Parks Week 2018 takes place from 23rd to 29th July 2018
There are numerous special events scheduled for National Parks Week 2018. We’re celebrating with a competition to win some of our Adventure series maps—read on to find out how to enter.
With 15 National Parks spread all across Great Britain (10 in England, 2 in Scotland and 3 in Wales), there’s bound to be a park boasting stunning and diverse scenic splendour somewhere near you. It’s not just about beautiful scenery and breath-taking vistas though. Each park plays a hugely important role in the conservation of wildlife and cultural heritage of its region. An estimated 110 million people visit Britain’s so-called ‘breathing spaces’ each year.
“National Parks Week is the National Parks family’s annual celebration of everything that is unique and wonderful about our 15 National Parks – Britain’s breathing spaces.” – National Parks.
If you head to a National Park this summer don’t forget to take one of our A-Z Adventure series maps. These maps contain all the information you will need in one handy book and feature the Ordnance Survey’s 1:25,000 mapping, showing public rights of way, open access land, national parks, tourist information, car parks, public houses and camping and caravan sites.
WIN seven of our National Parks Adventure atlases – now closed
To have a chance to win seven of our fantastic A‑Z Adventure atlases (one for each day of National Parks Week), just tell us which National Parks these map extracts are taken from. If you get them all right and you’re chosen as the winner, you can choose any seven maps from our A‑Z Adventure maps range.
Map images © Crown copyright and database rights 2018 OS 100017302
- This competition runs from Monday 23rd July to Sunday 29th July 2018.
- The winner will be chosen and announced by A-Z staff on Monday 30th July at around 2 pm. Their decision is final.
- The winner will receive 7 A-Z Adventure Atlases of their choice
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win a prize.
- This competition is open to UK residents over the age of 18 only.
- The prize will only be posted to a UK address
- The name of the winner will be published on our Facebook page and/or Twitter feed and this blog page after being chosen. If you are chosen as a winner, you’ll need to Direct Message (using Facebook or Twitter or email us your postal address within 7 days to claim your prize.
Sorry! This competition is now closed.
We were impressed by how many people got this right so thanks to everyone for taking part.
We’re pleased to announce that the winner is Linda Peel who entered on 26th July, correctly giving the answers as Brecon Beacons, Broads, Exmoor, Lake District, Peak District, Snowdonia and South Downs.
Linda chose these 7 Adventure Atlases which are on the way to her now!