We have searched high and low, delved into boxes, opened dusty folders and explored the archives in our quest to present 84 posts over the past 80 days. We’ve photographed, scanned and output images; recalled, investigated and verified details – and reminisced quite a lot too!
We have loved seeing all your comments, reactions and thoughts and would like you to look once more at the 80th blog posts and decide on your favourite. Then simply let us know why you have chosen it to stand a chance of winning an 80th anniversary edition of the Master Atlas of Greater London.
Covering an impressive 1450 square miles and with an index of over 100,000 streets and other addresses, the Master Atlas is our flagship London publication, so it is fitting that this updated anniversary edition includes a detailed section on our history.
All you need to do is tell us which 80th anniversary blog entry is your favourite and why for a chance to win!
This competition closes on Friday 14th October at Midday. The winner will be announced Friday 14th October 2016 after Midday.
Facebook rules & how to enter:
- Ensure you have “liked” the A-Z Facebook page
- Like the competition post and tell us in a comment what your favourite 80th blog entry is and why you have chosen it (make sure your comment is public to enable us to see it)
Instagram rules & how to enter:
- Ensure you are following us on Instagram
- Like the competition image and tell us in a comment what your favourite 80th anniversary post is and why you have chosen it. (You can also search #AZ80)
Twitter rules & how to enter:
- Ensure you are following us on twitter
- Mention us and explain your favourite 80th anniversary blog entry and why you have chosen it or reply to our competition twitter post.
- Ensure you use the #AZ80 so it’s easier for us to find!
Rules and Terms & Conditions
The winner will be announced on Friday 14th October. All eligible entries received during the submission period will be gathered into a database at the end of the submission period. A winner will be chosen at random. Announcement and instructions will be sent via e-mail or direct message depending on the platform. Each entrant is responsible for monitoring his/her account for prize notification.
1.This competition runs from Monday 26th September until Friday 14th October at Midday.
2.Winner(s) will be chosen and announced by A-Z staff on Friday 14th October at around midday. Their decision is final.
3.The winner(s) will receive a copy of the brand new Master Atlas of Greater London
4.No purchase is necessary to enter or win a prize.
5.This competition is open to UK residents over the age of 18 only.
6.The name(s) of the winner(s) will be published on our Facebook page or Twitter feed and this blog post after being chosen. If you are chosen as a winner, you’ll need to Direct Message (using Facebook or Twitter) or email us your postal address to claim your prize.